Dr Paul Baddeley
Dr Paul Baddeley joins St George’s Eye Care after spending five years as a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Worthing and Chichester in the United Kingdom.Having studied clinical sciences at Cambridge University and completed his medical training at Oxford University, Paul undertook his Specialist Registrar Training in Ophthalmology in South Wales. He has completed two Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital fellowships at the University Hospital of Wales (Cardiff) and The John Radcliffe Hospital (Oxford). He has gained experience during an Honorary Fellowship in Glaucoma with Professor James Morgan, also at the University Hospital of Wales.
During his consultant post in Worthing and Chichester Paul was clinical leader for the Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital service as well as being College Tutor in charge of surgical training for trainees including cataract surgery.
Paul has a special interest in cataract surgery, using injectable intraocular lens technology as routine allowing smaller incision surgery with the associated benefits to his patients of reduced astigmatism and safer procedures. He provides a bespoke service to each individual patient, allowing patients the choice of refractive outcomes depending on their individual requirements.
During his work as an Ophthalmologist Paul has continued to publish recognised scientific papers as well as presenting at national and international meetings. Topics of publication have included “Patient’s expectations during cataract surgery” and “The Test of Induced Entropion 2”. Paul is the author of one successful ophthalmic textbook and contributor to another.
Academic and Postgraduate Qualifications:
- Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists UK (2004)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists UK (2009)
- Certificate of Completion of Training – Ophthalmology (2010)
Dr Baddeley’s professional memberships include:
- New Zealand Medical Council
- General Medical Council of UK
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- British Society for Refractive Surgery
Comprehensive treatment of eye diseases, including:
- Cataract surgery
- General ophthalmology – glaucoma, diabetic eye disease and macular degeneration
- Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital surgery